2017-18 Parent Survey Results
- Overview of parents satisfaction survey results
- Highlights of feedback received from the survey
- District response and plan to parent feedback regarding interest to learn more about the district’s curriculum
- Link to view survey results
First, CCSD59 would like to sincerely thank the 1,412 parents and guardians who took the time to participate in our Fall 2017 Parent Survey. The honest, in-depth feedback we received is incredibly appreciated, and included a wealth of valuable information we can use to build on, refine, improve, and expand upon all our students’ learning experiences. The results tell us what we’re doing right and what we can do to better ourselves as a district; what you find most valuable for your child’s learning experience; and what our district looks like through the eyes of our families. We appreciate everything you took the time to tell us, and please know your voices were truly heard.
We are very proud of the positive survey results and what they reflect for the experiences our students are having in our schools. By the numbers, here are just a few highlights that were particularly meaningful to us:
- 91.45% of parents agreed their child enjoys going to school in CCSD59
- 89.96% of parents agreed our schools care about their child’s success
- 90.8% of parents were satisfied with their children’s ability to use appropriate resources in our district
- 90.14% of parents agreed they felt welcome at CCSD59 schools
We were also very pleased to see that our district’s goals for students aligned very closely with parents’ goals for what they want for their children. This is particularly true in areas where we are already increasing our attention and resources. For example, parents rated the below features as either highly important or important to their child’s learning experience, and these are areas of increasing focus for us as well:
- 95.79% – preparing students to be successful for life
- 93.52% – 21st century skills (collaboration, creativity, critical thinking,
- and communication)
- 91.69% – students pursuing their passions and interests
- 91.96% – social emotional learning
As another example, parents also rated the following characteristics as highly important or important in order to determine the quality of a school, which continue to be areas of significant emphasis at CCSD59:
- 97.66% – Positive Student and Staff Relationships
- 97.62% – Knowledge and skills of teachers
- 97.23% – Student Safety
- 96.65%– Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Emphasis
- 96.17% – Student engagement in school
Finally, we understand the importance of hearing and evaluating critical feedback and recognizing areas of growth and development. We appreciate the honest and diverse opinions of all of our parents.
One theme for improvement that emerged from the survey was the interest of parents to learn more about and better understand our district’s curriculum. As a result of this feedback, we are preparing an ongoing communication series that will start in January to share more details about our curriculum and the academic experience for students. This series will continue through the end of the school year, and we look forward to the opportunity to share more about our learning experiences, learning outcomes, strategies, instructional practices, and more. Parents can also learn more about our district’s curriculum by visiting our curriculum page at ccsd59.org/learning.
Our mission statement in CCSD59 is to prepare our students to be successful for life. It is a tremendous goal and one we truly take to heart for every single student. With your help and input, we now have a better understanding of how to best partner with you so that together we can help best prepare students for success now and in the future. Thank you.
To view the results of the parent survey, please click on the link below.