2018 Winter Conferences
During Goal Setting Conferences in October, parents, students, and staff had the opportunity to discuss areas of success, need, and set goals for the school year. On February 14 and 15, 2018, we have another opportunity for parents, students, and staff to meet to review progress and share reflections.
Rather than being completely student-led, the teacher takes a more prominent role during the Winter Conference in February, allowing the parent(s) to hear both student and teacher reflections on student progress. The nature of the reflections will include celebrations of learning successes, evidence of learning, current student performance levels, and revisions to goals and action plans for the remainder of the year.
Some additional details about Winter Conferences are as follows:
- There is no student attendance on February 15 or 16, 2018, due to the conference schedule, and there is no student attendance on February 19, 2018, due to the Presidents’ Day holiday.
- At the elementary schools, each family will be scheduled for an appointment with the teacher.
- At the junior high level, a combination of drop-in and pre-scheduled format is used, and each junior high will establish and communicate the specific conference hours.
- All teaching staff will be in the schools during evening hours, but some teaching specialists will be attending professional development sessions from 12:00-4:00 pm on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
- NEW THIS YEAR: As part of our ongoing efforts to share information with parents about learning in CCSD59, each school will have a parent information station available during conferences, and parents are encouraged to stop at the station to learn more about our our learning experiences, learning outcomes, and instructional practices.
- Computers will be available to register your student for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Many of our schools also host events or book fairs during conferences, so please allow time to visit any such events at your school.
We look forward to seeing you on February 14 or 15, 2018, to celebrate your child’s growth and learning. Prior to the conference, we encourage you to think about the growth and progress you have observed in your child so far this year and areas in which you hope to see continued growth.