Important Information - 2017 Winter Conferences
February 7, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
During Goal Setting Conferences parents, students, and staff had the opportunity to discuss areas of success, needs, and set goals for the school year. On February 15 and 16, 2017, we have another opportunity for parents, students, and staff to gather to review progress and share reflections.
Rather than being completely student led, the teacher takes a more prominent role during the February conference allowing the parent(s) to hear both student and teacher reflections on progress. The nature of the reflections will include celebrations of learning successes, evidence of learning, current student performance data, and revisions to goals and action plans for the remainder of the year.
We look forward to seeing you on February 15 or 16, 2017 during Winter Conferences and share the following additional details:
- There is no student attendance on February 16 or 17, 2017 due to the conference schedule, and there is no student attendance on February 20, 2017 due to the Presidents’ Day holiday.
- At the elementary schools, each family has been pre-scheduled for an appointment with the teacher.
- At the junior high schools, the format is mainly drop-in, although pre-scheduled appointments may have been made in some cases. Please note that all junior high teaching staff will be in the schools during evening hours, but some teaching specialists will be attending a professional development session from 12:00-4:00 PM on Thursday, February 16, 2017.
- For students invited to attend Summer Quest, registration forms can be turned in during conferences.
- Computers will be available to register your student for next school year.