The Bridge documents link two important sources of instructional guidance:
The Focus of Study which clarifies the learning targets at each grade level and is drawn from the Illinois Learning Standards and the Illinois Assessment Framework.
The DesCartes Continuum which delineates skills and concepts students at a particular RIT band are ready to learn Committee of district teachers have developed Bridge documents for reading/literature and mathematics.
- Whole Numbers
- Fractions and Decimals
- Integers, Rational, Real Numbers
- Ratio, Percent, Sci. Not.
- Number Theory Concepts
- Vocabulary, Signs, and Symbols
Estimation (Number Sense)
- Estimating Numbers
- Whole Num. Add, Subtract
- Whole Num. Mult., Division
- Frac., Dec., Add, Subtract
- Frac., Dec., Mult., Division
- Ratio, Percent
- Int., Rational, Real, Roots, Exp., Log.
- Order of Operations
- Estimation Vocabulary, Signs and Symbols
Reasoning and Problem Solving